QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,用微信登录

搜索
查看: 14575|回复: 0

[资料方法] 《终极自由之路》01.基本目标与达成方法

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-22 14:17:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第一章 基本目标与达成的方法(THE BASIC GOAL AND WAYS TO ATTAINMENT)
翻译:星空
Thatwhich everyone of us is looking for in this world is exactly the same thing.Every being, even the animals, are looking for it. And what is it that we areall looking for? Happiness with no sorrow! A continuous state of happiness withno taint whatsoever of sorrow. Now, if this be the Goal, why is it the Goal?The reason why it is the Goal is because unlimited happiness is our very basicnature! This is the real natural state, before we encumber it with limitations.Now why is it that most of us do not have this continuous happiness with nosorrow? There's only one reason: being this infinite Being with infinitehappiness we do a way with this joy, this happiness, by saying, I am anindividual, separate from the All. To make myself separate from the All, I mustset up a means to accomplish this. The means is my mind that creates my bodyand the material world. Then I proceed, creating more and more thoughts thatcreate more and more matter until the thoughts and matter have me so boggeddown and blinded that I have lost my real identity as the infinite Beingnessthat I am.
我们中的每一个人在这个世界上寻找的完全是同样的一个东西。每一个生物,甚至动物,都正在寻找它。然而什么是我们都一直在寻找的呢?-------没有悲伤的幸福!(Happiness with no sorrow!)一种持续的不受任何悲伤所侵扰的幸福状态。如果这就是那个共同的目标,为什么呢?因为无限的幸福是我们最基本的性质(very basic nature .在我们用限制妨碍它之前,这是真正的自然状态。现在为什么我们绝大部分都不拥有这没有悲伤的幸福?只有一个原因:作为拥有无限幸福的无限存有,我们怀着喜悦与幸福,说:“我是一个个体,与所有一切相分离。”为了使我自己与一切相分离,我必须创建某种方法来实现。方法就是:我的心智(mind)创造我的身体和物质世界。然后我继续下去,创造越来越多的想法,这些想法创造越来越多物质事件,直到想法和物质使我陷入困境并且忘记了我那作为无限存有的真实身份。
Theoriginal thought of I am separate from the All necessarily creates a lack. Lackcreates desire. Desire therefore cannot undo the lack, as lack is not there inthe first place, it is not real but assumed. And we go on and on trying tosatisfy desire and we never, never succeed. If we could succeed, we would beable to satisfy desire and therefore all desire would disappear! And then wewould be desireless!
我与一切相分离,这个最初的想法必然创造一种缺乏。缺乏创造欲望。然而欲望不能化解缺乏,因为缺乏并不在最初的那个地方,缺乏不是真的,缺乏只是一种假设。我们继续试图满足欲望,然而我们永远不能成功。如果我们成功了,我们应该能满足欲望,接着所有欲望将消失!最终我们将是没有欲望的!
The onlyreal purpose of being here on this earth is to learn, or to remember, ouroriginal natural state of totality, of complete freedom and no limitation. Oncewe are led to see that this is our natural state, then we proceed to let go ofall the limitations. The prime, the very first limitation is: I am anindividual separate from the All. Eliminate that and you eliminate alllimitation, all trouble, all sickness, all poverty.
在这个地球上唯一真正的目标是学会或者记起我们最初的自然状态----完全的自由、没有任何限制。一旦我们被引导看到这是我们的自然状态,那么我们就会继续释放所有的限制。主要的最初的限制是:“我与一切相分离。”消除这点,那么你消除所有的限制、所有的麻烦、所有的疾病,所有的贫困。
To saythis in another way is to say: God is all! Let go and let God be. It is not Ibut the Father who worketh through me. We must let go of the ego sense which isthe original sense of separation from the All and allow our natural Being justto be and then everything would fall perfectly into line.
用另一种方式来说:“上帝是一切!释放然后让上帝即是(Let go and let God be.)。并不是我,而是天父通过我在运作(It is not I but the Father whoworketh through me.)。”
我们必须释放最初的与一切分离的小我(ego)意识,允许我们的自然本性显现,那么一切都将完美。
This isall very, very simple. If you want complexity you'll never see simplicity. Oncethis is accepted as the overall way, however, we do not find it easy ofaccomplishment. We don't find it easy because of past habits that have beenestablished over thousands and thousands of years. And for some silly reason wesubconsciously like these past habits of trouble and so we continue them. We doit in a manner that we refuse to look at. We call it subconscious behavior! Andwe go on and on and on repeating all this behavior of limitation automatically,calling it subconscious. Now the subconscious mind is only that part of themind that we refuse to look at! When our desire is strong enough we will dig upthese subconscious habits and begin to let go of them.
这都是非常非常简单的。如果我们想要复杂那么你永远看不到简单。一旦这被作为总体上的路被接受,然而我们还是发现这并不容易完成。我们没有发现这很容易,是因为过去成千上万年来所建立起来的习惯。因为某些愚蠢的原因,我们在潜意识里喜欢这些导致麻烦的过去的习惯,并且持续保持着它们。我们这样做,就是在某种程度上我们拒绝去看。我们称为潜意识行为。我们不断地自动重复这些限制性的行为,称这为潜意识。实际上潜意识仅仅是我们的头脑拒绝去看而已!当我们有足够强的渴望,我们将挖出这些潜意识习惯然后开始释放它们。
There isno growing into the natural Being that we are. That Being is whole and perfect,here and now. There is only letting go of concepts to the contrary, that wehave troubles, that we have limitations. Anyone who says, I have trouble, hasit in his mind. That's the only place where it is because you can't seeanything anywhere else but in your mind. Whatever you look at, whatever youhear, whatever you sense, is through your mind. That's where everything is.Change your mind and everything out there changes. Change your thinkingness andyou change the world for you. Do this and you have the proof!
无论何时何地,我们的自然本性都是完整和完美的。只需要释放那些相反的观念----我们有麻烦,我们受限制。任何人说:“我有问题(trouble)”,那“问题”只是在他的心(mind)里。那是“问题”唯一存在的地方,因为除了在你的心里,你不能在任何其他地方看到任何事物。无论你看、听、感觉,都是通过你的心。那是一切事物所在的地方。改变你的心,外在一切事物跟着改变。改变你的思想然后你改变你的世界。这样去做然后你会证实这一点。
So theway, the path, is simple. The method of undoing the limitations is not easybecause of habit. We need a very strong desire to begin to let go of thesewrong habits from the past. Without that strong desire there is no growth. Thisdesire must be stronger than the desire to possess and control this world. Theworld as now seen really is a fiction when you see the Truth. It turns out tobe a dream. First you'll see it as a dream, then you'll see it as a dream thatnever was. It is exactly as happens in a night dream. While you're in the nightdream you have a body there are other bodies, there's action, interaction,there's good and there's bad. And so long as you remain in that night dreameverything there is real to you. When you awaken from the night dream you say,my gosh it was just a dream! It never happened! This dream was all in me! Andexactly in the same manner you awaken from this dream called the waking state.You come to see that it was only a fiction of your imagination, it was only adream, and then you let go of it lock, stock and barrel and what is left overis the infinite you! Then you call yourself fully realized totally free.
所以方法、道路,是简单的。化解限制的方法不容易是因为习惯。我们需要一个非常强的渴望来开始释放这些源于过去的习惯。没有那强烈的渴望就没有成长。这个渴望必须强过占有和控制这个世界的渴望。当你明白真理,你会发现当前的这个世界真的是虚构的。它是一个梦。首先你会将看到它是一个梦,然后你就再也不会当它不是一个梦了。它真的就象是一个晚上的梦。当你在晚上做梦时,你有一个身体,那儿也有其他人的身体,有行动,相互作用,也有好和坏。你在晚上所做的梦里时,梦里的一切对你都显得那么真实。当你从是晚上的梦中醒来后,你说,“我的天啊,它仅仅只是一个梦!它从来没有发生过!这个梦只是都在我里面!”实际上同样的,当你从这个称为清醒状态的梦醒来后。你发现它仅仅是你想象中的虚构,它仅仅是一个梦,然后你解开它的枷锁,留下的是无限的你。这时的你是完全觉醒、完全地自由。
We areactually fully realized all the time. We are fully realized Beings saying thatwe are not. So all we do is let go of we are not and what's left over is thefully realized Being that we are. Are there any questions on what I've said sofar? No? Then everyone understands this, at least intellectually.
我们实际上在任何时候都是完全觉醒的。我们完全觉醒于我们正在说我们不是觉醒的。所以所有我们做的是释放“我们不是觉醒的”,然后留下的是完全觉醒于我们所是的存在。对我刚才所说的那么远有任何问题吗?不?至少在理智上,每一个人都理解这些。
Alrightif you understand it intellectually and you are not able to use it, it'sbecause you're not looking at yourself honestly, truthfully, with deep desireto see your Self, in the process of which you have set up as the subconsciousmind all the things you will not look at. However, it's not necessary to dig upthis unconscious mind, in fact it's much better to try to quiet the mind. Whenwe're able to get the mind totally quiet, what's left over is the infiniteSelf. Every thought is a thing of limitation. Therefore when we quiet the mind,we still these limiting thoughts and this infinite Being that we are becomesself-obvious to us. The Self is then not occluded by the limiting thoughts! Wesee It, we recognize that we never were that mind, that body, and from thatmoment on, the mind and body have no influence upon us. We determine for thebody as we would a puppet and it has no effect upon us, as a puppet that wewould be controlling would have no effect upon us. So the very best method ofall methods is to quiet the mind to see the Being that you are. Pose thequestion: Who am I? and if other thoughts come in, ask, To whom are these thoughts?The answer is To me. Well, who am I? and you're back on the track, seeking tosee your Self.
如果你只是理智上的理解那么你不能运用它,因为你不是诚实信任地看你自己,你不是深深地渴望看你自己,在这个进程你仍是只看着潜意识创造的所有事物。然而并不需要挖掘出潜意识想法,事实上让你的心安静下来是更好的。当我们能够让心完全地安静下来,留下来的就是我们无限的真我。任何一个想法都是一种限制。那么当我们让心静下来,我们停止了这些限制性的想法,然后我们的无限真我将呈现给我们。真我不再被限制性的想法所阻隔。我们看到它,我们认出我们永远不是心智和身体,从那时起,心智和身体不能再影响到我们。我们象木偶一样支配身体并不再受它的影响。因此所有方法中最好的方法是让心静下来看到你的本性。提出问题:“我是谁?”然后如果一些想法到来,问,“谁在想?”答案是“我。”“那么,我是谁?”然后你又回到寻找你的真我的轨道上。
''Who amI? is the final question that everyone answers, so why not begin with the finalquestion? If you can, all good, all wonderful. But there are very few of us whoare capable of using this method of just holding onto Who am I? and rejectingall other thoughts that come in. We have gotten ourselves so involved withthoughts that we cannot let go of them and therefore we need other methods,other aids.
“我是谁?”是每个人都要回答的终极问题,因此为什么不从这个终极的问题开始呢?如果你能,一切都好,一切都精彩。仅仅保持着“我是谁?”并拒绝所有随之而来的想法,我们中极少人能使用这个方法。当我们与想法保持着紧密的联系以至于我们不能释放它们,那么我们需要其他的方法,其他的帮助。
The othermajor methods are called in the East Jnana Yoga, Raja or Kriya Yoga, BhaktiYoga, Karma Yoga. (By the way, the only reason I go to the Eastern Teachings isthat they are a total and complete methodology and such a thing is non-existentin the Western world. The Western world methodology is only partial and isincluded in the Eastern.) I think we are all familiar with those various paths.So if we cannot use the Self-enquiry, Who am I? we use the one that suits usbest. The path that we like now is the very path that we have been on formerlyin prior lives. The path that is best for you is the one that you like best.Now each path includes all the other paths. The only difference is theemphasis. If we are intellectual we emphasize the Jnana Path, the path ofintellect and wisdom. If we are devotional, then we emphasize the Bhakti pathof love and devotion to God. If we like to be of service to mankind we use theKarma Yoga path. Each path leads to the quieting enough of the mind so that wemay see the infinite Being that we are.
其他主要方法是在东方被称为智者瑜伽,拉贾或克利亚瑜伽,奉爱瑜伽,噶玛瑜伽。(顺便一提,我去东方的唯一理由是他们是一个总体的和完整的方法学,而这样的事物在西方世界是不存在的。西方世界方法学是分析性的,而东方的方法学是整体性的。)
我认为那些各种不同的路径都是相通的。因此如果我们不能够使用自我询问,"我是谁? "。我们可以使用最适合的那一个。
我们现在喜欢的道路是我们是在以前的生命中走过的。最适合你的道路是你最喜欢的。现在,每条道路包括所有其他道路。唯一的区别是强调的重点。如果我们是智慧的,我们强调智者的道路,理智和智慧的道路。如果我们是虔诚的,然后我们强调爱巴克蒂道路和奉献给上帝。如果我们想成为服务,我们用人类的业力瑜伽道路。每一条道路都引导我们让心平静,使我们可以看到我们的无限真我。
Raja orKriya Yoga is a complete and integral path that suits the greatest number ofpeople today. It is a path of doingness in eight steps, with each step leadingto the next step after it. I think you are all familiar with the eight steps.If you are not, you can get it from a book. The first two steps are the moraland ethical ones, the do's, the don'ts. The third is posture and body exercise.The fourth step is learning to control the breath and life force. The fifth isletting go of the external world, interiorizing by disconnecting the sensetelephones and turning one's attention within. The sixth is concentrating themind, getting it quiet, holding one thought to the exclusion of other thoughts.The seventh step is meditation, one-pointed meditation, and one-pointedmeditation leads into the eighth step, or the top state called samadhi. So thisRaja or Kriya Yoga path is one of step-by-step doingness that everyone can use.We happen to be in an era that is in relatively low vibration. That's thereason why we find the way difficult, and that's the reason why we need thisRaja or Kriya Yoga, a gradient and a most integral path.
拉贾或克利亚瑜伽是一个完整的和不可分割的道路,适合当今的大多数人。这条道路有8个步骤,每一步通往下一步。我大家都熟悉八步骤。如果你没有,你可以从书本上。第一二个步骤是道德和伦理,该做的,不应该做的。三是姿势和身体锻炼。第四步是学习控制呼吸和生命的力量。 五是放开外部世界,通过断开感官把注意力转向内在。六是集中心智 ,越来越宁静,持有一个想法排斥其他的想法。第七步冥想,一点的冥想,一点冥想导向第八步,最高状态称为三摩地。
因此,拉贾或克利亚瑜珈的道路是一条 一步一步的,每个人都可以使用。我们恰好是在一个处在相对较低的振动时代。 这就是为什么我们找到正确的路有困难,这就是为什么我们需要这个拉贾或克利亚瑜珈,一条渐变和最完整的路径。
There aretwo ways of growing: one is what I call the negative way, eliminating thenegative, going into the mind, seeing the cause of the problem that originatedin a thought some time in the past. When we see this thought, when we bring itup into consciousness, we naturally let go of it. We see how silly it is tohold onto it and therefore correct that thought and behavior. However, theother way is the better. It is the positive way. Quiet the mind and see who andwhat you really are, the infinite Self. In the over all, there's really onlytwo ways: eliminating the negative and the better, putting in the positive, Iam that I am, I am He. The latter is by far the faster.
有两条成长的道路:一个是我所说的消极的方式,消除其消极,进到头脑里,看到问题的原因是起源于在过去的一段时间一个念头。当我们看到这想法,当我们把这想法带入意识,我们自然放下它。我们看到保持着那想法是多么愚蠢,因此修正那想法和行为。然而,另外的方式是更好的。这是积极的方式。平静你的心然后看到你真正是谁----无限的真我。总的来说,真的只有两种方法:消除消极和更好的, 投入积极面,“我是那我所是(I am that I am )。”,“我是他。”后者速度更快。
Let's nowtake a look at this so- called apparency, the world. The world is only anillusion that we created mentally. It is not external but in reality within us,within our mind. Someday you'll discover that you created this entire universethat you see. The method of creating is by first creating what we call a mind.We create our mind, which is nothing but a composite of all our thoughts,conscious and subconscious, and the thoughts create the material world. Everylittle thing that happens to each and everyone of us is created in ourthinking. We mentally set up a thing called time which makes it even moredifficult to see things because we think now and things happen years later. Butthe only creator there is, is the mind, your mind. Is God a creator? Yes,because you are. Thou are That! You set up a mind and through the mind create.It is necessary and good to discover that everything happening is caused by ourthinking. Everything that happens to us is created in our thought. It's astepping stone toward realizing and recognizing that we are the creators. Firstyou discover that you created your trouble, then you discover that you cancreate anything you desire. After you discover that there is nothing that youcannot create, you're still unhappy. The reason is that you have separatedyourself from the Infinity. Only on recognizing your Infinity are you perfectlysatisfied.
现在让我们来看一看这个所谓的外观----这个世界。世界仅仅是我们的心理所创造的一个幻觉。它不是外在的,而是真的在我们之内,在我们的心里。有一天你会发现你创造了你看到的整个宇宙。创造方法是首先创建我们所说的心(mind)。我们创造了我们的心,心只不过是我们所有想法的组合,包括意识和潜意识,然后各种想法创造物质世界。发生在我们每个人身上的每一件小事情都是由我们的思想所创造。我们心理上创建了一样东西叫时间,这使得我们看到事情的不同,一些是现在发生而另一些发生在几年后。但是唯一的创造者是心,你的心。上帝是创造者吗?是的,因为你是。你就是!你创造了你的心然后通过心创造。一切事情发生的原因是我们的想法,这是一个必要的很好的发现。这个发现是一块踏脚石,让我们觉醒和认出我们是创造者。首先,你发现你创造了你的问题,然后你发现你能创造任何你渴望的事物。你发现没有什么是你不能创造的,你还是不幸福。原因是你把自己从无限中分离。只有认出你的无限本性才能使你获得最终的满足。
So ifthere are any problems that remain, they only remain because you are holdingonto hem in thought. The moment you let go of them, they are gone! If you tellme that isn't so for you, that isn't true. The truth is you're still holdingonto them, telling me that it doesn't work. Now trying to get rid of a problemis holding onto it. Anything we try to get rid of we are holding in mind andthereby sustaining that problem. So the only way to correct a problem is to letgo of it. See not the problem, see only what you want. If you would only fromthis moment on see what you want that is all that you would get, i.e., what youwant. But you hold in mind the things you do not want. You struggle toeliminate the things you don't want, thereby sustaining them. So it's necessaryto let go of the negative and put in the positive if you want a positive, happylife.
因此,如果有任何问题仍然存在,它们只因为你仍然保持着“包围着那想法”。当你当你释放它们时,问题消失!如果你告诉我这是不适合你,那是不正确的。事实是你还在持有它们,告诉我,这是行不通的。现在,你在试图摆脱这个问题同时持有它。我们试图想要除去问题,而心中又抱持着问题不放,这样会持续地保持这个问题。所以,唯一能修正问题的方法是释放它。不看问题,仅仅看你所想要的。如果从现在开始你仅仅看你想要的,你将得到所有你想要的。但是你在心里保持着你不想要的。你努力消除你不想要的事物,因此支持它们持续存在。如果你想要积极、幸福的人生,那么释放消极和放进积极是必要的。
Thissubject cannot be learned intellectually, it cannot be learned through the mindbecause it's perceived just behind the mind. We can use the mind to graduallyundo the limitations enough so that we can get behind the mind by getting itquieter. If it were possible to get this subject through the mindintellectually, all we would need to do is to read the books on it and we wouldhave it. But it doesn't work that way. We have to very concentratedly dwellupon our Self that is just behind the mind. Turn the mind back upon the mind todiscover what the mind is, and then go be yond the mind to the Self. So to getthis subject, each one must experience it, realize it, make it real by going tothe place just behind the mind and perceiving it there.
觉醒不能通过理解来学会,它不能通过你的心智来学会因为它恰是对超越心智之后的察觉。我们能够通过心来逐步化解足够的限制,以至我们能够通过让心安静下来从而超越心的限制。如果它可能通过心的理解来学会,所有我们需要的就是读包含它的书我们就可以拥有它了。但不是这样运作的。我们不得不在超越心智的限制后才能意识到我们的真我。把你的心转向你的心,从而发现你的心是什么,然后超越心之上回归你的真我。对于觉醒,每一个人必须经验它,意识到它,到达超越心智之上的地方,感觉到它就在那儿。
Now thevery highest state is simply Beingness, and if we could only be, just be, wecould see our Infinity. We would see that there are no limitations. We wouldsee that we are the All. We would be in a perfectly satiated, permanent,changeless state. And it is not a nothingness, it is not a boredom, it is anAllness, an Everythingness, a Total Satiation that is eternal. You will never,never lose your individuality. The word I as you use it to mean yourindividuality will never ever leave you. It expands. What happens as youre-remember what you are is that you'll begin to see that others are you, thatyou are me, that you are now and always have been gloriously Infinite.
最高的状态是纯然地存在(simply Beingness ),如果我们能够仅仅是存在,只是存在(only be, just be),我们能够意识到我们的无限。我们将意识到没有任何限制。我们将意识到我们是一切。我们将在完全地满足、永恒、不变的状态。它不是虚无,它不是厌倦,它是所有,一切的一切,永恒的圆满。你将永远永远不会失去你的个性。当你使用“我”这个词,那意味着你的个性永远不会离开你。它会扩展。当你重新忆起你真正所是,你将开始把其他人看成你,你是我,你现在是,永远是辉煌的无限。
Look atyour mind. That in itself is a good practice. It puts you apart from it. Youare looking at it. Watch your thoughts. It's a wonderful practice. If youexamine thoroughly the mind, you will discover that it isn't, it's an illusion.Let it go it's way, just watch the mind. The ultimate witness is the Self. It'sa tremendous thing to watch the mind. Not only does it quiet it, it makes themind not you. If you trace the source of the mind, you find it is nothingness.This whole world is a dream illusion, which means that it isn't.
看你的心,那是一个好的练习。放你的一部分在它里面。你正在寻找它。观察你的想法。这是一个美好的练习。完全地检查你的心,你将发现心不存在,心是一个幻觉。让心自由,仅仅观察心。最终的观察者是你的真我。观察你的心是一件绝妙的事情。不仅使心安静下来,还使心不再是你。如果你追踪心的源头,你发现它什么都不是。这整个世界是一个梦幻,它根本不存在。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注 册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|喜悦家园 ( 京ICP备12029068号-1   对不起,请原谅,谢谢你,我爱你。点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 15:35 , Processed in 0.088953 second(s), 27 queries , Gzip On.