扫一扫,用微信登录

搜索
查看: 5084|回复: 3

Love is Absolutely Necessary If We Ever Expect to Get Full Realization

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-5-27 20:09:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Love is Absolutely Necessary If We Ever Expect to Get Full Realization
Lester Levenson Speaking to Students in California, February 25, 1965

I thought tonight I might talk on the subject of love. Love is one word I seldom use, mainly because it's so misunderstood. I also believe that through this method of growing or only through growth do we understand what love is; that by defining it we just add some more words to the usual words and it doesn't really convey the meaning of the word love. But love is an absolutely necessary ingredient on the path, if we ever expect to get full realization. We must increase our love until it is complete.
Now, the love I talk about of course has nothing to do with sex. Sex is a body gratification. However, we have confused it, most of us, very much with love. And the majority of us still tie it in with love. Although, when you see what sex is and what love is, you'll see they're two different things. They can be tied together, but they don't have to be. The love that we talk about

here is the love of Jesus Christ. It's the love complete, which expressed in the extreme is "Love thy enemy."
I think the best definition of the word, as it seems to me, is love is a feelingness of givingness with no expectation of receiving for the giving. It's a very free giving. And it's an attitude that is constant. Love doesn't vary, at least the type of love we're talking about. The amount we have, we apply to everyone. We love our family as much as we love strangers. This might sound odd but this is the truth. To the degree we're capable of loving strangers, to that degree we're capable of loving our families.
The concept of possession is just the opposite of the meaning of love. In love there is never a holding on to, a fencing in, or anything like that. Love has a sense of freeing the ones we love. When we are giving, we have an attitude, we want the other one to have what the other one wants. I guess the best example of this type of love is the love of a mother for a child and sometimes a father. A mother will sacrifice and give everything to the child without considering herself.

There are many other definitions for love, I'm just trying to think what they are. I think acceptance is a good word. When we love people, we accept them the way they are. If we love this world, we accept the world the way it is. We don't try to change it, we let it be. We grant the world its beingness, the same way we should grant every other person his or her beingness. Let them be the way they want to be. Never try to change them. Try to change them is injecting our own ego. We want them to be the way we would like them to be. So love is a feeling, first of all, of oneness with, of identity with the other one or all other ones. When there's a full love you feel yourself as the other person. Treating the other person is just like treating your very own self. There's complete identity.

Love is not only a feeling, love is a tremendous power which is so little understood in the world today. We have an example of this type of love being expressed today by Martin Luther King. No matter how much he's attacked, he will give out nothing but love to his attacker. He teaches non-violence. Now, the biggest demonstration of this type of love was Mahatma Gandhi's winning a war against Britain

without any arms. Through teaching, the British are our brothers, we love the British, non-resistance to the British and to the British soldiers, only love for them. Gandhi understood this and was able to win over enough followers in India to make this effective.
发表于 2010-8-1 21:29:48 | 显示全部楼层
翻译软件翻译的
爱情是绝对必要的,如果我们曾经希望得到全部实现莱斯特李文森时对学生的爱在加利福尼亚州,1965年2月25日我想今晚我可以谈的主题。爱是一个词我很少使用,主要是因为它是如此误解。我也相信,通过这种增长或只有通过增长方式,我们明白什么是爱,那只是我们定义它添加一些更多的单词通常的话,它并没有真正传达爱这个词的含义。但是爱情的道路上是绝对必要的成分,如果我们希望得到充分实现。我们必须增加我们的爱,直到它完成。现在,我的爱对谈当然也与性别无关。性别为一体的满足。不过,我们混淆了,我们大多数人,非常爱。而我们大多数人仍然配合喜欢它。虽然,当你看到性别是什么,什么是爱,你会看到他们是两个不同的东西。他们可以连在一起,但他们没有要。我们的爱谈论这里是基督耶稣的爱。这是爱的完整,这是极端表现在“爱你的敌人。”我认为这个词最好的定义,因为它在我看来,是情感的爱是给予的givingness没有期望与接受。这是一个非常自由奉献。它的态度是不变。爱不是改变,至少爱的类型,我们在说什么。我们的金额,我们每个人都适用。我们爱我们的家人,因为我们爱陌生人了。这听起来奇怪,但这是事实。我们的学位,能爱到那种程度的陌生人我们能够热爱我们的家庭。占有的概念仅仅是爱的对立面的意义。在爱情上有没有举行,在击剑,或类似的事情。爱情有一个释放那些我们所爱的感觉。当我们付出,我们有一个态度,我们希望其他一有其他人想什么。我想,这种类型的爱最好的例子是一个孩子的母亲的爱,有时是一个父亲。一位母亲将牺牲和付出一切的孩子不考虑自己。爱的定义有很多其他的,我只是想觉得它们是什么。我认为接受是一个好词。当我们爱的人,我们接受他们的样子。如果我们爱这个世界上,我们接受世界是这样的。我们不会试图改变它,让它成为我们。我们给予世界的beingness,同样,我们应给予所有其他人,他或她的存在性。让他们成为他们希望的方式是。永远不要试图改变他们。尝试改变他们是我们自己的自我注射。我们希望他们是这样,我们想的那样。所以,爱是一种感觉,所有第一,统一性与身份,与其他一个或所有其他的。当有一个完整的爱你觉得自己与其他人。对待其他人一样对待你的很自己。有完整的身份。爱情不仅仅是一种感觉,爱是一种巨大的力量是如此的小世界的理解今天。我们有一个这样的爱情的类型表示的马丁路德金今天的例子。没有多少他的袭击事,他会出什么,但爱他的攻击。他教导非暴力。现在,爱的最大规模的示威型,这是圣雄甘地的任何武器打赢一场战争对英国没有。通过教学,英国是我们的兄弟,我们爱英,不抵抗,以英国和英国士兵中,只有对他们的爱。甘地理解这一点,并能够赢得足够的追随者在印度,使这种有效。
发表于 2011-4-27 21:47:05 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2011-4-27 21:47:20 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注 册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|喜悦家园 ( 京ICP备12029068号-1   对不起,请原谅,谢谢你,我爱你。点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 18:54 , Processed in 0.079713 second(s), 26 queries , Gzip On.