只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,用微信登录

搜索
查看: 8465|回复: 0

[资料方法] 《终极自由之路》34.觉醒吧!

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-22 13:40:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
翻译:小粒子儿大天体

Lester: You've been given the direction on how to go all the way. So far, none of us have taken it. We've gone to the place where life is nice, easy and comfortable; we're satisfied, not totally, but satisfied enough not to go all the way.
你们已经知道了如何才能开悟,但目前为止没有人做到。我们现在生活得不错,轻松、惬意、舒适,我们感到满足,但并非完全满足,只是满足到不想走完全程。

Q: Well, I'd like to go all the way, but it's always over the next hill. I get to this point and it's not there; and I get to the next one and it's not there.
问:我想开悟,但是它总是在下一个山头。我到达山顶,它并不在这儿,于是我又去往下一个山峰,但它也不在那儿。

Lester: Not really, because it's right where you are. Over the next hill is where it isn't. Right where you are, where the "I" of you is, is where it is.
答:不见得,因为它就在你当下的所在。它不在下一个山头,而是在你当下的所在,在“我”的所在。

Q: How come we don't know it?
问:为什么我们会对此一无所知?

Lester: Yes, how come? That's what I want to know.
问:是的,为什么?那也是我想知道的。

Q: That was my question.
问:那是我的问题。

Lester: Yes, but what is the answer? I say it's silly not to, because once you do, you'll never, ever have a moment of unpleasantness, ever again. It becomes impossible to be unhappy. What's wrong with that? Why don't we do it?
答:是,但答案是什么?我说不知道有点傻,因为一旦你开悟,你就永远都不会再感到不快乐。到底哪里出了差错?我们为什么会不知道?

I would say you don't believe it enough. You dont believe that you have no limits; you dont believe that life can be, every second, ecstatically happy; you don't believe that it can be totally effortless; you dont believe that you can do things mentally.
我会说是你对此不够相信的缘故。你不相信你是无限的,不相信生活可以是时时刻刻的狂喜状态,不相信它是不费吹灰之力的,不相信你可以心一想事就成。

Or, is it that we keep procrastinating? I say that if we really do want to go all the way, we do it. So, again, why don't we go all the way?
或者,是我们在不断拖延?我说如果我们真的想要走完全程,想要开悟,我们就能做到。所以,我们为什么不走完全程呢?

Q: Well, I think, in my case, I've probably hypnotized myself into believing the opposite. I've associated with the finite me all my life, in all my conscious awareness, to the degree that it is real to me.
问:我想,就我的情况来说,我可能自我暗示,让自己相信我是有限的。毕竟我的一生都跟有限产生联系,所以在我的认知里,有限才是真实的。

Lester: Oh, then to you the Infinite would do away with finite?
答:那么对你而言,无限会驱走有限?

Q: Yes. Because the finite is what I believe in; it's real to me. What you say about the Infinite has infinite possibilities but until I can totally accept that, it's like when you touch a light bulb and it burns you and somebody says, "Now touch it and it won't burn you"; it's difficult to overcome your subconscious reaction not to touch it.
问:是。因为有限才是我相信的,它对我而言是真实的。你所说的无限有着无限的可能性,但是如果我无法相信它,这就像你去碰电灯泡,它会烫到你,但某人却告诉你去碰它,它不会烫到你的。想要战胜不去碰电灯泡的潜意识反应是很难的。

Lester: Well, let me tell you then, that the Infinite includes the finite, and is the basis for it. You see, you can hold onto all the finite you want when you're infinite; you don't have lose a thing.
答:我告诉你,无限包含有限,是有限的根基。你知道,当你是无限时,你可以保有有限,你不会失去任何东西。

Q: Then, I'd be glad to give it up for the Infinite.
问:那么我会很乐意为了无限而放弃有限。

Lester: Give it up? Maybe this is what's bothering us; that we're afraid that we're going to give up our bodies; that we're going to give up our families and homes. It doesn't happen that way. When those who did go all the way achieved it, they did not abandon their bodies, homes and families. They only abandoned their former feelings of bondage and attachment to their bodies, homes and families and in place of it felt free.
答:放弃有限?或许这是困扰我们的原因,我们担心我们要放弃我们的身体,放弃我们的家庭。但那不会发生。那些开悟的人并没有抛弃自己的身体和家庭。他们只是放下对身体和家庭的执着,脱离执着所带来的束缚感,取而代之的是完全的自由。

Q: If there's happiness greater than what I've experienced in a body, to heck with this!
问:如果那样的幸福要高于身体所经历的,去他妈的身体!

Lester: Well, again, you do not give up your body. Your happiness gets more intense the more you move toward total freedom, until it reaches a point where you just can't contain it any more. Then you resolve it into a very beautiful peace that is never, ever again disturbed. And that peace is really far more delicious than the intense joy was. And then, when you choose to be active in the world, you'll never, ever lose that background peace; you will feel it all the time. And you are free to do anything in the world; you can act angry, scared; be poor or rich; you can do anything you want; but you do not disappear.
答:再说一次,不是要你放弃你的身体。你越趋于完全的自由,幸福就越强烈,直到你再也盛不下它。那时你就融化在一种非常美妙的不受搅扰的宁静中。那种宁静比狂喜更怡人。当你选择重新活跃于世俗中时,你永远都不会失去那份宁静,你会一直感受到它。你可以做任何事,可以表现愤怒、恐惧,可以扮演贫穷、富贵。可以做任何你想做的事,但你不会消失。

Q: It doesn't affect you?
问:你不会再受影响?

Lester: The world can never, never touch you again, because you have imperturbable peace.
答:永远都不再受影响,因为你已经拥有了不受搅扰的宁静。

Q: I understand.
问:我明白了

Lester: So then, why don't you come along?
答:所以,继续前行吧

Q: Whenever I identify my source of income with the effort I exert in my business. I say to myself. "You're a stupid idiot. This isn't the source of my infinite supply." However, I'm not strong enough to just say. "Well, this isn't it; I'll do it the other way," because I think, "What if it doesn't work?"
问:每当我相信我的收入来源离不开努力工作时,我跟自己说:“你真是个白痴。这样的收入不是我的无限所提供的。”但是,我还不够胆说:“是啊,我会换种方式。”因为我担心如果那行不通怎么办。

Lester: You would have exactly what you had before you tried it. However, you expect it not to work if you say that.
答:你会得到的。但是,如果你那样说的话,你是期待它行不通。

Q: Yes, but that's where the hang-up is. Maybe it's a lack of faith, not that it hasn't worked for you, but whether it'll work for me, I am not convinced. If you could only help me, just one little infinite bit of strength that you could give me
问:是,但那正是困难所在。或许是因为缺乏信任,不相信它能行得通,但是即使它行得通,我也依然不敢完全相信。你能帮我吗,哪怕只是给我一点点无限的力量?

Lester: Oh, now wait a minute; you have the support and I've given you many directions, anyone of which would take you all the way. I could give them to you again.
答:等一下。你是有支持的,我已经给了你很多指示,其中的任何一个都能带你走向开悟。我可以再次给你那些指示。

Q: That's like the sign "San Francisco." I'll bet there are probably a hundred signs that point the way to San Francisco; but if I get to the sign and sit down underneath it, it would take more than just knowing where San Francisco is, and that's where I bog down.
问:这就像写着“旧金山”的指示牌。我敢说这样的指示牌有上百个,但如果我到达一个指示牌后只是坐在那里,这就是我现在所处的困境。

Lester: Right, you don't take the direction; you look at it and sit down. Now, the direction: Get to the place where no one and no thing can disturb you, would have taken you all the way.
答:是,你没有按指示牌所指示的方向继续前行,只是看着那个方向,坐下来。现在,写着“没有任何人或事可以打扰到你的地方”的指示牌,能够指引你走向开悟。

Q: Yes, but that's like going to the moon.
问:可那就像登陆月球

Lester: It is easy, -if you would do it. It is your decision to be disturbed or not to be disturbed.
答:如果你愿意的话,就会很容易。你可以作出决定,是要受影响呢还是不受影响?

Q: That's quite a challenge!
问:好大的挑战!

Lester: Do you want more? I'll give you new ones.
问:你想要更多的指示吗?我可以给你其它的。

Q: Yes.
问:要

Lester: Be totally selfless. Be interested only in others; have no interest in you, yourself. That would take you all the way. If we would be totally selfless in our behavior, act not for ourselves but for the other ones. -this would do it rapidly.
问:完全的无私。只对他人有兴趣,对自己则毫无兴趣。这可以带你走向开悟。如果你的行为完全无私,只为他人考虑不为自己考虑,这可是条捷径。

Q: I don't mean to be argumentative but this is really a nitty- gritty.
问:我不想反驳你,但这也太悬了吧。

Lester: I'll give you another one: Get to the place where you have no more desire keep letting go of desires until there are no more and that's it! You don't like that one either, do you?
答:那换另一个。持续地释放欲望,直到你不再有任何欲望,你就开悟了。这个你也不喜欢,是吧?

Q: Well, part of it. I've got a lot of things I'd like to let go of.
问:不完全是。我想要释放很多东西。

Lester: If anyone would carry that through until there are no more desires, and it's just letting go of them as they come up, you'd go all the way.
答:如果你能将此贯彻到底,来一个杀一个,把所有欲望都释放干净,你会开悟的。

Q: Lester:, what about the one that you and I discussed, about the mind? You see everything out there in your mind, right? So that's where everything is. So, that thing out there is just your mind. When you discover this, you change your mind and it changes out there.
问:莱斯特,我们之前讨论过的头脑,你觉得如何?外在的一切其实都在你的头脑中,对吧?所以头脑就是一切的所在,外在的一切都只是你的头脑。当你发现这一点时,你就能改变你的头脑,外在的一切也会随之改变。

Lester: Yes, that would take you there.
答:是的,那会让你开悟。

Q: What about no attachments and no aversions?
问:没有执着和反感呢?

Lester: That'll do it too. That will take you all the way. But why haven't we used these things? They are not new to us.
答:也会开悟。为什么我们不利用这些东西呢?它们对我们而言并不新奇。

Q: That's what I'm earnestly trying to decide for myself. This is ridiculous; all this intellectual knowledge that I've acquired and what little I've actually done with it. It's alarming. I said, "How many people have their own private Master in their family." You've given us all this stuff and I 'say, "It's my responsibility what I do with it; why haven't I used it?"
问:我很想下决心这么做。荒谬的是这些东西我都知道,但却很少付诸实践。真的很恐怖。我说过“有多少人在家中有自己的个人上师呢”。你给了我们这么多东西,我会说:“都是我自己的责任。为什么我不去用它呢?”

Lester: Yes, and your private Master is you! This is important: Your private Master is you!
答:是,你的个人上师就是你自己!这很重要。你的个人上师就是你!

Q: Isn't there only One any way?
问:真的只有“一”存在吗?

Lester: When you see what you really are, you'll see the Oneness and no more otherness.
答:当你发现你是什么时,你会看到除了“一”之外再无其它。

Q: I try to squint and no matter how I do it, I still see separation.
问:我试图窥见它,但无论怎么做,我看到的还是分裂。

Lester: That's the way you are approaching it, with squinty eyes; you won't look at it full view, wide open, because you are afraid you're going to disappear. So what you have to do is dig down within, pull it out and see it. Once you see it, you'll naturally let go of that fear. You're also afraid you're going to lose your individuality. Your individuality is something you'll never ever lose. Its with you through eternity. The "I" that I am, is never, ever lost. What happens is that we just expand it to include more and more until it includes the entire infinity.
答:这就是你接近它的方式,窥视它,而不是睁大眼睛去看清全貌,因为你害怕你会因此而消失。所以你要做的是往深处挖,把它拔出来,好好看看它。一旦你看到它,恐惧自会消失。你还害怕你会因此而失去个人性。你的个人性是你永远都不会失去的东西,在永恒中它一直与你同在。我所是的“我”,永远都不会失去。实际上我们将它扩展到能够包容整个无限的地步。

I say you're afraid of losing yourself, your body, your mind, your family, your business, and all your little things; you're subconsciously afraid you're going to lose them. If it were conscious, you'd look at it, drop it, and be free.
我说你是担心失去你自己、你的身体、你的头脑、你的家庭、你的事业以及你的所有小东西。在潜意识中你害怕你会失去它们。如果将恐惧拽到显意识层面,你会看到它,释放它,并因此而自由。

Q: Well, you reached me when you added those other things. The physical body attachment I don't see, but when you included my family and my business and these other things.
问:当你说到后面的这些东西时,你戳到我的痛处了。我不知道自己是否执着于这具身体,但家庭、事业以及其它这些东西都是我不愿失去的。

Lester: Do you want me to show you how attached you are to that physical body? Just imagine, don't do it, but just image throwing your body over a cliff. Can you now see your attachment to the body?
答:你想知道你有多执着于那具身体吗?只是想象一下,不是真的去做,想象把你的身体扔下悬崖。现在你看到你对身体的执着了吗?

Q: Yes. But do you have to have that desire to get rid of it?
问:是的。但是你必须要有摆脱身体的渴望吗?

Lester: You don't get rid of it; you see what you are and then you'll see that you are not the body, that the body is one infinitesimal part of you.
答:不是要你摆脱它,当你发现你是什么时,你会明白你不是这具身体,身体只是你微不足道的一部分。

Q: Why can't I go all the way?
问:那为什么我不能开悟呢?

Lester: Because you're afraid that if you do, you're going to disappear. Does anyone feel that? That you'll disappear if you go all the way?
答:因为你害怕如果你开悟了,你就会消失。有谁感觉到这样的恐惧了吗,害怕如果开悟自己就会消失?

Q: I'm afraid I'd lose my mind. (Laughter.)
问:我害怕我会失去我的头脑。(笑声)

Lester: You actually do lose your mind, and then you reestablish it so that you can communicate. It's far more difficult to reestablish the mind than it was originally to let go of it because the mind itself was such a clamping down of you, you don't want to come back to it. But you will; youll start thinking again. The only difference in the before and after picture is that now your thinking is unfree, determined by subconscious, compulsive thoughts; in the after picture there are no more subconscious, compulsive thoughts. Every thought is totally free and without any conditioning by your tendencies and predispositions.
问:你的确会失去你的头脑,但是你会重建它,以便同他人交流。但是重建它要比释放它难多了,因为头脑会拖你后腿,你不愿意回归头脑。但是你会重新开始思考。前后的区别只是在于:之前你的思考是不自由的,由潜意识念头所控制;之后则没有了潜意识念头,每个念头都是完全自由的,不受限于你的惯性和癖好。

That leads me to another great one: Rid yourself of all your tendencies and predispositions and you will go all the way.
这让我想到了另外一个法门:脱离你的惯性和癖好,也能开悟。

I have never talked much about miracles, have I? I dont feel as though Im imposing on you now, as I used to feel, were I to talk about miracles because, having moved up, you are more able to accept them. When I first moved to Sedona and lived by myself, most things were done by thought and I was unaware of it. However, others began to come in, and it was because of them that I became aware of these unusual things. To me they were natural, but not to the others.
我都没怎么说过奇迹,是吧?以前我会认为这是在向你们施加影响,现在我不会这么认为,因为你们已经提升到能够接受奇迹的地步。当我刚来到瑟多纳独居时,大多事情都是由念头来完成的,但我并没有意识到这一点。然而,随着他人的到来,因为他们我开始意识到这些不同寻常的事情。对我来说它们很自然,但对他们来说不是。

I might have told one or two of you about the teleportation incident. This one is interesting because it involved two others, one who is following this path, and another one who is not.
我可能告诉过你们中的一两个人有关瞬间移动的事。这事很有趣,因为涉及到另外两个人,一个是走灵性这条路的,另外一个没有。

The first one is Frances and the second one is D-, the son of T-, whom you all know. He came to Sedona from Phoenix and asked me if I would take a walk and naturally, he would choose a direction uphill. We walked a mile and a half uphill, Frances, D- and I; and when we got to the end of our trip, we sat down to have our sandwiches. We had only a pint size canteen of water for the three of us and we drank most of it on the way up. We had left only about an eighth of an inch of water in the bottom of this pint canteen, hardly enough for half a cup. But the three of us were thirsty, and so I let go with the feeling "Everything is perfect!" I received the inner knowledge that the water was abundantly there.
一个是F,一个是D。D从凤凰城来到瑟多纳,叫我和他一起去山上走走。我、F和D走了一英里半的上山路,到达终点时,我们坐下来享用我们的三明治。我们三个人只带了一壶水,一品脱的量,在上山时喝掉了大部分,离壶底只剩下3mm多,半杯水的量都没有。但我们仨很渴,所以我用“一切都很完美”来做释放。我收到内在的讯息:水很充足。

Then I asked, "Do you want a drink Frances?" "Sure." I gave Frances a cupful. Then D- drank a cup, then I. We kept drinking until each one was satiated. We each had seven drinks! I curiously looked into the canteen and the same amount of water was there as originally, just about an eighth of an inch on the bottom of the canteen.
之后我问F想要来点水吗,F说要。我给了F一满杯。然后D也喝了一杯,然后是我。我们不停地喝,直到不想再喝为止。我们每个人都喝了整整7杯!我好奇地往壶里面瞧,那里依然和之前一样,离壶底只3mmm高的水量。

We then started the downward trek for home. I was so tired that I felt as though the body would not walk any more. I just let go and I said, "Oh, Lord, there must be a better way!" And the thought again came to me, "Everything is perfect." As I thought, "perfect, " we, the three of us, had one step up there and the next step was down near my home, where the surroundings were similar to the place we had left so as not to make it obvious to D-. Frances caught it and said, "Lester:, we teleported!" I said. "Oh, you're crazy Frances, you're imagining it," because D-'s mind was in a turbulence; his face showed a frown and a consternation. For his sake I had to again say. "It's your imagination, Frances," and shut her up. Frances knew. Later, when she was alone without D-, I said, "What made you think we teleported?" And she laughed. She said, "Don't you remember, on the way up D- and I were collecting rocks and in several places we put them on the left side of the road on the way up (the road was cut into the side of the hill). I wanted to pick up those rocks on the way back, but we by-passed all of those places. "
下山回家时,我感觉很累,觉得身体都快走不动了。于是我做释放,我说:“哦上帝,肯定有更好的路!”我得到的是“一切都很完美的”念头的响应。当我想着“完美”二字时,我们仨只走了两步就到了离我家不远的山脚,那儿的景色跟山上的差不多,以至于D并未察觉。但是F发现了,跟我说:“莱斯特,我们刚才瞬间移动了!”我说:“哦,你疯了,F,肯定是你的想象。”因为D的脑袋开始混乱,他的眉头皱着,一脸的愕然,于是我赶紧重复道:“F,那是你的想象。”F明白了我的意思,闭上了嘴。之后,等到D没在场时,我问F她是怎么想到我们瞬间移动了。她笑着说:“你记得不,上山时我和D捡了些石块,在一些地方把它们放在路的左边,以便下山时顺利返回。但是我们却错过了所有那些地方。”

Now, to do these things, it takes a mere effortless thought; you surrender, let go, and have a thought with no effort, no drive. It's the easiest thought you could have. And then it happens.
以上这些所谓的奇迹,只需一个小小的念头。你臣服,放手,然后一个无需费力的念头,奇迹就发生了。

During the early days in Sedona I was living this way, unaware of it. To me it was natural. Whatever I thought, I expected. It seemed natural, just the way everyone thinks he lives naturally. It is really the natural way and it is meant for us to live that way. Although, if we did, we wouldn't fit very well into our present society, would we? So, if you want to stay in communication, you go the way of people.
在瑟多纳的早些时候,我都是以这种方式生活的,但却对此并无察觉。因为它对我来说很自然。不论我想要什么,我就期待它。真的很自然,就像每个人以为自己的生活很自然一样,虽然这样的生活方式与现代社会格格不入,是吧?所以,如果你想和社会保持接触,你会按社会的方式来。

Miracles are just this dream world effected immediately. And miracles don't necessarily mean spiritual development because the majority of people in the universe use these things; they use them on other planets where they're not necessarily more spiritually advanced than we. It is their natural way of life.
奇迹只是在这个梦幻世界立即产生的作用而已。奇迹并不意味着灵性的高度发展,因为这个宇宙的大多数存在都使用奇迹,他们在自己的星球使用它们,而他们在灵性上未必比我们超前。那只是他们自然的生活方式。

But the easier way to live is purely mentally; mentally do everything. You people should be able to do all this. Why not go all the way and have nature serve you? Why do you do things the harder way? I think it's because you're afraid you're going to disappear. I'm saying to you. "Look, I have been through these things. And I still have a body here. I didn't disappear. "
但若要更容易地生活,那就用心智来做事。你们应该能够做到。为何不开悟,让自然来为你服务呢?为什么要用更难的方式呢?我想这是因为你害怕你会消失。你看我,我走完了全程,但依然有一个身体在这里。我并没有消失。

Q: Can you demonstrate your infinity for me too?
问:你是否也能向我展示你的无限呢?

Lester: You must demonstrate your own. You have had ample witnessing of these unusual things. If I do it for you that would mean you can't do it. I just finished saying: You can do it! It's surrendering, then mere effortless thinking! You have the feeling that it is not I but the Father who worketh through me.
答:你必须展示你自己的无限。你已经见证了足够多的奇迹,如果我再向你展示,那表示你自己没有这个能力。我只想说:你能做到!只是臣服加上一个不费力的念头!你会感觉不是我、而是天父在通过我运作。

I can go on and on. I'm trying to entice you. When I moved into the mobile home on my grounds, a girl, now living here in Laguna Beach, asked me. "How often do you fill that butane bottle?" (It was a five-gallon bottle.) I said, "Every month." Then I remembered it had been eight months since I had last filled it. Becoming aware of it, I let go of it.
我可以一直这样下去。我在试着引你上路。当我搬到活动房屋里时,有个女孩问我多久加一次丁烷气(那是一个5加仑装的丁烷气筒),我说一个月加一次。然后我就想起我已经八个月没加丁烷气了。当我意识到这点时,我释放了它。

When I was trying to show Frances how to conserve water, I let her take charge of and keep filled my 55 gallon water drum alongside my mobile home. It took care of all my needs, including a shower every morning.. The reason why I wanted her to take care of it was that I wanted to show her that you can live on very little water. But I lost track of time and when I brought it to her attention, she laughed. It had been four months since she had filled it last. I kept using the water and the tank wouldn't empty out! When we opened it and looked, it was still full, after using it for four months. It never would have emptied out if I had not let go of it.
我叫F帮我负责储水,持续地给我的活动房屋加满55加仑的水,那能满足我的全部用水需求,包括每天早上的一次淋浴。我之所以叫她帮我负责这个,是因为我想让她知道一个人可以只靠少量的水生存。但我把时间给忘了,以至于当我提醒她加水时,她笑了。她说她已经四个月没加水了。而我还一直用着那点水,并且水从未断过!当我们打开水箱时,发现里面还是满的,用了四个月还是满的。如果我之前没有释放的话,水箱肯定早空了。

Q: "Had not let go of it," what do you mean?
问:你说的“没有释放”是什么意思?

Lester: Let go of it by letting it be "normal."
答:通过让它“正常”来释放。

Q: You thought again of it as being a limited thing?
问:再次把它看成是有限的东西?

Lester: No. I let it be as usual, or as is normal to people. I want to remain in communication with people and I choose to live like people live, because if I live in an unusual way, I'm out of communication. It "even scares people.
答:不是。我让它和平常的一样,或对人们来说是正常的那样。我想和人保持接触,想和人们的生活方式一样,因为如果我的生活方式太另类,我就无法与人交流,那甚至会吓到别人。

Q: This wouldn't scare anybody.
问:不会吓到人的。

Lester: I know by experience that it scares people. When if first came to me while I was living in New York City, some people wouldn't come near me because of these things happening.
答:我有过那样的经历,所以知道会吓着人。刚开始发生那样的事是我住在纽约时,一些人因为那些事都不敢靠近我。

What's wrong with this way of life? Why won't you take it? It is yours for the taking. I hope to allure you by making it so tempting that you will go all the way. Look at the difficulties you go through to make a living.
这样的生活方式有何不妥吗?为什么你不能接受它?只要你接受,它就会成为你的生活方式。我希望我的故事能够吸引你,让你有动力走向开悟。看看你为了生计活得有多累。

Ask yourself, "Why don't I go all the way?" "Why don't I take things directly, just for the thought of them?" "Why dont I express my total freedom?" And maybe the answer will come up and you'll see what you're doing to hold yourself down.
问问你自己:为什么不走向开悟呢?为什么不直接地获得你想要的,只需一个念头而已?为什么我不展现我的完全自由呢?答案或许会到来,那时你会发现你一直在把自己往下拽。

Q: One reason is that we are so used to being hamstrung that we don't realize that we can get out of it. I was just thinking of the motel, of getting it sold, and then I thought. "Do I really want to leave it?" and I know I upset it every time.
问:一个原因是我们习惯了残废,以致于都不想变得正常。我刚想到我的汽车旅馆(此次会谈所在地),我想卖掉它,但随之又想到我是否真的想要离开它。我知道每次我都为这事而困扰。

Lester: That's true and that is why I'm telling you of the easy way. Your habit of thought runs you the hard way. One way to undo all habits of thought, which are in the subconscious mind, is to see that you are not the mind, and you will scorch it.
答:肯定的。我想告诉你更简单的方式。你的惯性念头会把事情搞复杂。想要消除潜意识中的所有惯性念头,一种方式是看清你不是这颗头脑,那样你就能消除头脑。

Q: Tell us a little more about scorching this mind, which I have found out is most important.
问:能否说得具体点,如何消除头脑?我发现这是最重要的。

Lester: I see you've gotten a realization just recently.
答:我知道你最近有过一次顿悟。

Q: That's right.
问:是的

Lester: And yet, you didn't carry through on it. With that realization, you should have continued and said, "I can do it; I am infinite!" With that infinite power, you just pass your figurative hand over the mind and it's finished. It's just a mental wipe-out that you do. And that's it. You know how long it takes? Less than that (finger snap)! Less than a second.
答:但是你没有将它进行到底。你本应该带着那份新的领悟,跟自己说“我能做到,因为我是无限的”。那无限的力量能让你用想象的手掠过头脑,头脑便会消失。你知道那个过程要花费多久吗?比这还快(打了个响指)!比一秒钟还快。

When you get your full Realization, it's instantaneous. Before that, you play around, dropping a little bit at a time. This goes on and on, year in and year out, until you decide to let go of the whole thing; then you've got Full Realization. It really comes instantaneously, when it comes. You will it. Will is your power. You turn on your will so strongly that you just undo the whole mind, and you are totally Free.
完全的开悟只需一个瞬间。在这之前,你兜兜转转,每次只释放一小点。一天又一天,一年又一年,直到你决心释放一切,那样你才会完全开悟。当它到来时,真的只是一个瞬间而已。是你的意愿让它到来。意愿就是你的力量。把你的意愿拧到“消除整个头脑”的那一档,你就彻底自由了。

Q: It just doesn't make any sense at all. It's just as though you're handing me all the money in the world and saying, "Here!" and I'm sitting and saying, "Why don't I take it?
问:这没道理呀。这就像你把全世界的钱都给我,而我却坐着,说为什么我不接受呢。

Lester: Yes, why don't you?
答:是啊,为什么你不接受?

Q: What's wrong with me?
问:我哪根筋搭错了?

Lester: What is? That's the big question. What is wrong? I know you think that this is possible, otherwise you would not have listened all this time.
答:那是个大问题。哪里出错了?我知道你认为这是有可能的,否则你就不会坐在这里听到现在了。

Q: It's the intellect that's in the way.
问:是思维在挡着?

Lester: That is it. Why not wipe it out? The intellect is the mind. We have to see we're not the mind and that it is external to us, and then just make it ineffective. Just like that; that's the way you'll do it.
答:对。为什么不消除它呢?思维就是头脑。我们必须看到我们不是头脑,头脑是在我们的外面,那样才能让头脑失效。这就是你要做的。

Q: You said something the other night, Lester:, which was a help to me and that was "I am going to put Lester: to bed."
问:有天夜里,你说到“我要打发莱斯特去睡觉”。那句话对我是个帮助。

Lester: I always think that way. I'll send Lester: and this body around and make it appear to be doing things.
答:我总是那样想的:我要派出莱斯特这具身体,让它看起来像是在做事一样

After I got the realization that I am not the body, it was years before I could use the word "I." People would laugh at me because I'd talk about Lester:; I would talk about "him" and sometimes I would say, "it, Lester:," or "Lester:, he." I couldn't say "I" even though I was being corrected. Why? I was not this body. I could talk about this body, but it was so obvious and glaring that I was not this body that I couldn't say I was this thing, any more than you could say you were your car. Because you are carrying yourself around in a car, would you call yourself the car? In the same way you'll look at this body. (This body is a car-case, a carcass.)
在我意识到我不是这具身体后,我都无法使用“我”这个字了,直到近几年才重新学会。那段时间我都说“莱斯特”、“他”或“莱斯特他”,有时甚至用“莱斯特它”,因为人们都笑我,所以我才改用“我”。在这之前我无法用“我”这个字。为什么?因为我不是这具身体,我可以谈论这具身体,但是“我不是这具身体”的事实太显而易见,以至于我无法自欺欺人地说“我是这具身体”,这就像说你是你的车一样。因为你的车载着你转,你会称呼你自己是车吗?你会以同样的方式看待这具身体。(这具身体就是个架子。)

I say you're silly to not take the All.
你不拿下全部,我会说你真傻。

Q: I think there's a stronger word than silly.
问:我想有比“傻”更严重的字。

Lester: Yes, it's really stupid. He led me to say it. (Laughter) It's so stupid not to go through life with everything you want; with nothing but extreme joy, peace and loveliness every moment; when that is your inherent state. It takes no effort to be what you are. It does take extreme effort to be what you are not: a body with trouble, sicknesses and needing this and needing that. It takes effort to be what you're not, but to be what you are takes as much effort as you women would need to be a female and as much effort as you men would need to be a male. It takes no effort to be what you are. And yet you persist in using effort to be what you are not. It's really stupid!
答:是的,真的很“蠢”。他引导我这么说的。(笑声)不去得到你想要的一切,不去时时刻刻处在你固有的喜悦、宁静和爱中,真的是太蠢了。回归你的所是不费吹灰之力,成为你的所不是才需极大的努力。回归你的所是就像女人成为女人、男人成为男人一样无需努力。但是你却坚持花费努力来成为你的所不是。真的是太蠢了!

Q: Well, I persist in using effort to try to be what you say I am. I keep working at this thing of being effortless. Does that make sense?
问:我坚持花费努力来成为你说的“我的所是”,我一直努力变得“不努力”,这样说得通吗?

Lester: No, does it?
答:不能

Q: Not to me.
问:对我来说不能

Lester: Right. There's something wrong there.
答:是的。那句话有错误

Q: What did I say?
问:我刚怎么说的?

Lester: You're using effort in trying to make yourself effortless, -that's impossible! It's a contradiction. You've got to stop using effort. You've got to let go and let be. That's what is meant by "Let go and let God." You are it, you're the god; let go and let your Self be. However, it seems to take much effort because you are using tremendous effort to hold onto and maintain your non-self, your ego, and there is where your effort is. It takes no effort to be what you are, -the Self.
答:你说你使用努力让自己变得不努力。这是不可能的!这是个悖论。你必须停止使用努力,必须放手,顺其自然。这就是所谓的“放手,让上帝接手”。你就是上帝,放手,让你的真我来接手。然而,之所以看起来像是需要很多努力,是因为你还在拼命地抓着小我不放,你的努力都花在那上面了。回归你的所是——真我,无需任何努力。

Q: If I could arrive at the dreamer instead of the dream, then I'd have it made. And that's why I've been thinking. "This is a dream? Who's dream is this?"
如果我能领悟到我是梦者,而非继续沉浸在梦中,那么我就开悟了。这就是为什么我一直在想:这是个梦,那么是谁在做梦?

Lester: Right! Discover the dreamer. To make it more intimate: I, the Infinite Being, am dreaming that I am a limited body.
答:对!去发现梦者的真相。说得更明确点就是:我,这无限的存在,正在做“我是一具有限的身体”的梦。

While you are in a night dream and you think you are a limited body in that night dream, it persists so long as you don't wake up. It's the same thing with this waking state. We're dreaming we're limited bodies. We have to wake up to the fact that we are infinite. We have to stop thinking that we're limited bodies, that's all. Stop thinking. Let go. Let be. Surrender is the word. If we would surrender this moment, that would be it. Not I, but Thou. Not my will, but Thy will. This is surrender. We could do that right now and that would be it. But no, we've got to be a busy ego-body, doing something. We must be a doer.
当你在夜梦中时,你以为你是一具有限的身体,只要你不醒来就会一直那样认为。这跟觉醒的状态一个道理。我们都在梦见自己是有限的身体。我们必须醒来,发现我们是无限的真相。必须停止认为我们是有限的身体,仅此而已。停止思考。放手。顺其自然。臣服。如果我们在此刻臣服,此刻就是开悟。不是我,是你;不是我的意志,是你的意志。这就是臣服。我们现在就可以做,现在就可以开悟。但是不,我们必须成为庸碌的小我,必须做点什么。我们必须要成为作为者。

Q: Several of the people at the motel were discussing robots. Actually, I guess we could consider the body a robot. We're using this physical body and when we're through with it, we drop the physical body, but what we have is still there.
问:在这里的有些人讨论过机器人。实际上,我想我们可以把身体看成是机器人。我们使用这具物理身体,当我们不再需要它时,我们放开它,但我们拥有的始终存在。

Lester: That's an excellent way to look upon the body.
答:以这种方式看待身体很不错。

All right, now I'll tell you something more. If you were really convinced of what I've said so far, you'd go home, you'd forget everything else and you'd sit down until you saw this; because this would give you everything, -just for the thought. If you were really convinced, you'd go home determined to sit until you see this; and if you did that, -you'd see it! Just like Buddha did when he left his throne and sat under a tree, determined not to leave until he saw the answer; and he saw the answer.
现在,让我告诉你更多。如果你真的相信我所说的,你会忘掉其它一切,会在回家后决心坐下来,直到你看到“它”,因为“它”会给你一切,只需一个念头而已。如果你那样做的的话,你会看到“它”的!就像佛陀那样,他放弃他的王位,坐到一棵树下,决心除非看到真相否则绝不起坐,最后他看到了真相。

Q: Well. I think one thing that may be bogging some of us down, and I know to a certain extent it has to me, is that I have felt for a long time that I had to take something piecemeal and get each thing out of my system. Now, I'm finally beginning to realize that if I get above it then none of it makes any difference.
问:有个事可能让我们停滞不前:很长一段时间以来我都感觉我必须一点一点地释放,每次只清除一点。现在,我开始意识到如果我能超越它,那么它就会失去作用。

Lester: Yes. We all start that way by undoing single things at first. It begins to show us our mastership. Then we master our tendencies or predispositions. This undoes all the numerous multitudes of thoughts that made up that tendency or predisposition. You should not keep undoing these single things piecemeal. That was all right for the beginning; you don't need it any more. Drop a tendency or predisposition and you drop the millions of subconscious thoughts underlying it.
答:是的。我们都是从清除单个的事开始入手。它向我们展示了我们的主人身份。之后我们开始掌控我们的惯性或癖好。释放一个惯性或癖好能清除导致该惯性或癖好的所有念头。你没有必要继续逐个地释放,开始是这样,但现在已无必要。释放了一个惯性或癖好,你就释放了底下成千上万个潜意识念头。

Q: When you first started to tell us that there is nobody out there but you, some of us just couldn't understand that, me included. I have discovered why there's nobody out there but me; because it is I who creates that out there and it is in me.
问:当你一开始告诉我们“外面没有别人,只有我存在”时,包括我在内的一些人无法理解。我发现为什么只有我存在的原因是——是我创造了他们,他们都在我之内。

Lester: Yes, that's true!
答:对,就是那样!

Q: So I really know. I had a realization that was as clear as crystal.
问:所以我真的明白了,极其明白。

Lester: O.K., why not clean up that "out there" until you do not waiver from seeing it all as in you?
答:好。在你不放弃将一切看成是在你之内前,为什么不清除“外面”呢?

Q: That's what I'm doing now.
问:那是我正在做的。

Lester: You don't take enough time at it.
答:在这上面你根本没有花足够的时间。

Q: That's true.
问:那是真的

Lester: It should be all the time, regardless of what you're doing. While youre driving, talking to people, you can remain with it, and you would if you wanted it that much. If you really get with it, the joy of doing it is so great that you won't let go until you go all the way. It becomes the only thing you want. You begin to see the light and then, nothing in this world can interest you more than it. You just stay with it and you ride it all the way. Misery starts you in the direction, gets you to reverse your wrong direction. Then the desire for the wonderfulness of it takes you all the way to the top.
答:应该一直都这么做,而不管你此刻做的什么。在你开车时,或者和别人聊天时,你都可以做,如果你真的想要的话你就会那么做。当你真的着手于此时,你会从中感受到很大的乐趣,以至于在你到达终点前你都不愿意放开它。它成了你唯一想要的。你开始看到光,世间的一切对你都不再有诱惑力。你只是和它在一起,乘着它走完全程。痛苦带你上路,让你脱离错误的方向,之后“它”的美妙吸引你走向最高点。

Q: Then you know you can play any game you want, because that mind is under your control.
问:然后你知道你可以玩任何你想玩的游戏,因为你成为了头脑的主人。

Lester: Yes. However, the game played after reaching the top is usually the same game for everyone, although it will express differently; it's the game of helping others, which is really a great game.
答:是的。但是在开悟后你所玩的游戏通常和每个人玩的游戏并无不同,只是表达上有出入而已。那是个助人的游戏,是一个很棒的游戏。

Q: It becomes an interesting game.
问:它成了一个很有趣的游戏

Lester: It's the nicest game there is; it's the most rewarding game there is.
答:最美、最值得的游戏。

Q: What you are teaching me is really helping me.
问:你的教导对我真的很有帮助。

Lester: That which Im offering you is more than a million dollars. What I'm offering is the whole universe. If you wanted gold, you could pile it up by the tons. Of course, when you can create unlimited tons of gold, do you want to pile it up? No, you take only that which you can use.
答:我提供给你的比百万美元还多。我提供的是整个宇宙。如果你想要金子,你可以堆上个几吨。当然,当你能够创造无数的金子时,你会想要囤积它吗?不会,你只会拿你能够使用的部分。

Q: Of all the different ways that you've offered, it seems like there ought to be one that I could be successful with.
问:你提供了很多方法,我想可能只有一个我会做到。

Lester: Take anyone of many of those sayings in The Eternal Verities and if you carry it out until the end, that would be it. Take the good one mentioned before: Get to the place where no one and no thing can disturb you. Every time you are disturbed, look for the ego motivation wherein you wanted it to be other than it was. On recognizing it say, "Oh, I see. " and let go of your ego motivation of wanting it to be the way you want it to be. Every reaction or tendency is based on a selfish thing. We wanted it to be the way we wanted it to be. Keep dropping these reactive tendencies. Every time a reaction comes, look at it; see the selfish ego motivation and drop it. You'll soon reach a place where there is no more and you're there, -all the way.
答:用小册子(《永恒的真理》)中的任何一个方法,如果你能执行到底,你就能开悟。到没有人或事能够打扰到你的地方。每次你感觉被打扰时,看看小我的动机,你是否想要与事实抗争呢?当你看到这一点时,释放它。每个惯性反应都是基于自私,我们想要事情变得如我们想要的那样。持续地释放这些惯性反应。每次一个反应到来时,看着它,看清小我的动机,然后释放它。很快你便能到达不再有小我的地方,你就开悟了。

Q: Every time you feel offended or jealous or angry or hurt or anything like that, that's your ego and that's your mind.
问:每次你感觉生气、忌妒、受伤或其它什么的时候,那就是你的小我,你的头脑。

Lester: Right. Rid yourself of all your feelings and you will go all the way. So, have we gained anything new?
答:对。脱离所有的感受,你就会开悟。所以,没有什么新东西可言。

Q: You have presented us with more of a challenge to understand what youre saying; you make it sound so darn easy and it affronts me to think that anything that easy could elude me.
问:你说的让人更难理解了。你让它听起来太他妈的容易,我有点火大,因为我没法理解那么容易的东西。

Lester: When you do it, it is easy. When you don't do it, it's impossible. That's the way it really is. When you do it, it's easy. When you don't do it, it's impossible.
答:当你做时,它会是容易的。你不做,就没有任何可能。就是这样。

Q: Oh lord, wait a minute. When you do it, it's easy. When you don't do it, it's impossible.
问:哦上帝,等一下。当你做时,它会是容易的。你不做,就没有任何可能。

Lester: It takes no effort to be what you really are: Infinite. It takes tremendous effort to be extremely limited as you now choose to be.
答:回归你所是的无限无需任何努力。而成为你所不是的有限则需耗费努力,正如你现在所选择的那样。

I feel' as though I've given what I could on going all the way. If there's any further question, I'll be happy to do what I can to answer it. If not, this is it.
我想我已经给你我所知道的任何一个走向觉醒的法门。如果还有别的什么问题的话,我会很乐意尽我所能地回答你。如果没有的话,今天就到此结束。

Q: I keep looking at you and I see that there's hope. If you've made it, somebody has. It isn't impossible and I can do it.
问:我一直打量着你,我知道我是有希望的。如果你做到了,其他人也可以。这不是没有可能,我也能做到。

Lester: Yes, do it. Go all the way. Everyone was moving rapidly upward and then leveled off; some came down just a little bit and leveled off there.
答:是的,去做吧。走完全程。每个人都是快速上升,之后停滞不前,有一些会下降一点,然后停在那里。

If you dont use what you've seen, you'll lose it. You have got to keep using it, otherwise the remaining subconscious habits will overwhelm you and you will lose your direction.
如果你不用你已经发现的,你会失去它。你必须持续地使用它,否则剩余的潜意识惯性会淹没你,你会失去你的方向。

Q: When we go all the way, we still go on doing the same things; we still go on laughing. we still go to the ballet; do all these things. There's nothing denied.
问:当我们开悟后,我们依然做些和以前一样的事,我们依然会大笑,去看芭蕾舞剧等等。

Lester: Yes. The only difference is that, youre free to do or not to do whatever you want; you're no more compelled in any direction whatsoever.
答:是的。唯一的区别是在做与不做的问题上你是自由的,你不再感到被强迫。

I strongly recommend taking time out for thinking on these things every day, twice a day. In the morning before going to work and at night before going to bed. Never should a day go by without doing this. Get with it totally in a quiet spot until it sucks you in more and more until you let go of the world pull. Getting quiet enough, the infinite part of you just takes over and you go all the way. You reach a place where you feel helpless because it's effortless. Keep that up and you'll effortlessly be sucked right into your Infinity.
我强烈建议每天都花些时间思考以上这些东西,每天两次,早上上班前一次,晚上就寝前一次。不要浪费每一天的时间。找一个安静的地方坐下来,直到“它”越来越多地将你吸入,直到你释放了对世间的一切执着。当头脑足够安静时,你无限的那部分会接管你,你就开悟了。你到了一个让你感到无助的地方,因为你不再需要努力。持续地练习,你的无限会轻而易举地将你吸入。

Q: Well. I know.-sometimes it seems that I'm getting so tall.
问:我知道那种感觉。有时我会觉得自己变得如此庞大。

Lester: There's a sense of surrender in that.
答:那里有种臣服的感觉在。

Q:. There's that famous statement of yours: Let go and let God. It finally struck me that that means let go of your mind and let God.
问:你有句非常有名的台词:放手,让上帝来接手。那对我是当头一棒。

Lester: Yes, another way to say that is, "Surrender." Even if you surrender to a mountain, you will get it, because surrender is "Not my will."
答:是,还有一个说法就是“臣服”。即使你臣服于一座高山,你也找到了臣服的感觉,因为臣服就是“不是我的意志。”

Q: Ego, mind and will are all the same thing. So if you let, that means let go of your mind, ego and all the other things.
问:小我、头脑和意志都是一回事。所以如果你放手,那意味着放开你的头脑、小我以及其它一切。

Lester: Yes.
答:对

Q: Sometimes when something happens I can be very irritated but then I catch myself giggling to myself while I'm doing it. It really isn't affecting me.
问:有时发生一些事时我会非常火大,但很快我就发现我在笑我自己。那些事真的没法影响我。

Lester: Yes, get free and then you may act irritated.
答:是的,自由了以后你可以表演“火大”。

Q: So you can act any part? And you're aware of the fact that you I re an actor?
问:所以你可以扮演任何角色?你知道你只是个演员?

Lester: Right. Go all the way and there is only fun.
答:对。开悟后就只剩下乐趣。

Q: You can even keep your humor too?
问:你甚至可以保留你的幽默感?

Lester: Right. But the motivation for the humor is to make others happy, not for ego approval. That's the difference.
答:对。但幽默的动机是为了让他人快乐,而不是为了满足小我想要获得认同的欲望。两者是有区别的。

When I say you people leveled off and are on a plateau, it's not exactly correct. You leveled off into a slow, gradual, upward direction. It could be much faster, even immediate, rather than a slow, gradual, upward trend. Go all the way and then life from that point on is just a ball. You don't have to work. If you want to you can. You can always be successful; or you can even choose to be unsuccessful, just to make a game out of it. If you can succeed in failing, you can also succeed in succeeding.
当我说你们停滞不前,处在高原期时,那个说法并不完全正确。那是一种非常缓慢的上升状态,但也可以更快,甚至是直接的。开悟后的生活就像一个球。你不必非得工作,如果你想也可以。你可以一直都很成功,甚至也可以选择不成功,只是个游戏而已。如果你能成功地失败,那你也能成功地成功。

Q: Would helping others really be a fast way?
问:助人真的是一种快速的方式吗?

Lester: Not so if your purpose is ego motivated. However, when you live only for others, it's a very fast way. Paradoxically, the most selfish thing you can do is to be totally selfless. When we are totally selfless, we have the All, the Infinity. It's a seeming paradox.
答:不,如果你的意图是小我所驱动的话。但是,当你只为他人而活时,那就是种非常快速的方式。自相矛盾地是,你能做的最自私的事情就是变得彻底无私。当我们彻底无私时,我们就拥有了全部,拥有了无限。那是个表面的矛盾。

Q: That's it. You offer me the All!
问:是那样。你给了我全部。

Lester: Yes. We've all had glimpses of it. The thing to do is to establish that permanently, for all time.
答:是。我们都开始对“它”有所认识。我们所需做的就是永久地确立它。

So, again I say # take time out every day and effect it. Go all the way. You've got infinite power behind you; there's nothing to stop you but you. Make it part of your every day life and stay with it until it's established for all time. You can do it!
所以,我再说一遍,每天都抽出时间来做。觉醒吧。那样你就会拥有无限的力量,没有什么能阻止你除了你自己。让它成为你日常生活的一部分,直到你完全地确立它。你能做到的!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注 册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|喜悦家园 ( 京ICP备12029068号-1   对不起,请原谅,谢谢你,我爱你。点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 13:36 , Processed in 0.081089 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.