只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,用微信登录

搜索
查看: 7754|回复: 0

[资料方法] 《终极自由之路》15.永恒幸福之钥

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-7-22 14:04:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
翻译:星空

I made the statement that I would give you the key to maintaining constant happiness. I was aware that several individuals were dropping in the level of their happiness and not coming up, which is one of the reasons why I didn't get here sooner. You see, when you were down and you were frantic, and you thought things were terrible; I couldn't have communicated with you very easily. Also, if I had come and you had received this lift and gotten out of it, you would have said that I did it. This develops a dependency relationship, which isn't good. You can do anything and everything that you want. You can have, be, or do whatever you will or desire. And when the disturbance lasts long enough, you get fed up with it and you let go of it anyway. Then you do it. It's much, much better when you do it and don't need someone to lean upon.
我在此所说的是想告诉你保持恒定的幸福的关键。我知道有几个人他们的幸福水平在下降中而不是上升中,这也是为什么我没有更快到这里的原因之一。你看,当你的状态在下降中并且很紧张时,你以为事情很严重,我不能很容易地与你沟通。另外,如果我来了,你获得鼓舞并且从困境中解脱出来了,你会说是我做到的。这会发展成依赖关系,这是不好的。你能做任何你想要做的事。你能拥有、成为或者做任何你愿意或渴望的。当困扰持续时间足够长时,你感到厌倦了,无论如何你都会放下它。然后,你就做到了。当你不需要依靠任何人就做到了,这非常非常好。

What the group would like to know is how to maintain this new found happiness. Why don't we have it all the time? We should! And so I thought I would give you the understanding, or the key to the understanding, that will help you develop happiness that remains.
这个小团体想知道的是如何保持这种新建立起来的幸福。为什么我们不能在任何时候都保持着这种状态?我们可以的!所以我想我会给你一些了解或获得了解的关键,这将有助于您拥有完整的幸福。

All right, now this is the key: When you understand, when you really know what happiness is, then you're able to establish it. Then you do it more and more until it's all the time. But the key is knowing what is happiness. When you do know what it is, you look for it where it is rather than where it isn't. Looking for it where it isn't is what causes you to drop. Is there any question on what I've said so far?
好,那么关键是:当你了解到、当你真的知道幸福是什么,那么你就能拥有幸福。然后你就能更多的更多的做到,直到任何时刻。但关键是知道什么是幸福。当你知道它是什么,你就会在它所在的地方而不是在它不在的地方寻找它。在它所不在的地方寻找它,这导致了你的状态下降。对我目前所说的有什么问题吗?

The key is knowing what happiness is, so that you can go directly for it. Not recognizing what happiness is makes it difficult to establish permanently. So when you get to see what this happiness really is, then when you become miserable you'll move in the right direction and establish that happiness.
关键是知道幸福是什么,然后你就能直接向它而去。没有意识到幸福是什么时,想要持续的拥有幸福是很困难的。所以当你领悟到幸福真正所是,若你变得痛苦你就会转到正确的方向并且拥有幸福。

All right. what is happiness? Most people call it pleasure but what it actually is, is escape from pain! What most people call happiness is their getting away from their pain through socializing and entertainment. It is really an escape! They cannot stand being by themselves, with their own thoughts. They have to run to a movie, a nightclub, visit someone, just to get some action going so they are not facing their own thoughts. When their mind is taken away from their own thoughts, they feel better, and then call that pleasure and happiness. All entertainment is actually that! A happy man needs no entertainment and no socializing. He is content.
那么,什么是幸福(happiness)?许多人称它为快乐(pleasure),其实快乐并不是幸福,快乐只是逃避痛苦!许多人所称的幸福是通过交际和娱乐逃避他们的痛苦。这真的是逃避而已!他们不能和他们自己的念头独处。他们不得不跑向一部电影、夜总会,拜访他人,通过这些行为使他们不用面对他们自己的念头。当他们的头脑远离了他们自己的念头,他们感觉好一些了,然后就称之为快乐和幸福。所有娱乐真的就是这样!一个幸福的人不需要任何娱乐和交际。他是满足的。

However, when you become free, if you choose, you can enjoy entertainment far more than before because you are free from the hunger-need for it.
然而,当你变得自由,如果你这样选择的话,你更能享受娱乐表演,因为你从对它的饥渴需要中解脱了。

The happiness that I'm going to talk about now is not the escape-from-misery kind. It is really the only happiness. It's the joy that results from being your own real Self. The more we are our real Self, the more we feel joyous. Sense-joy of the world is accomplished not because of the thing or the person out there with whom we associate it. It's accomplished by satisfying and stilling the thoughts of wanting to acquire that person or thing. When we quiet those thoughts, we feel our Self more so and are happier. The quieter the mind is, the more we just be, the more we abide as our real Self and the more joyous we feel!
我将要谈到的幸福不是逃避痛苦的这种,而是指真正的唯一的幸福。这是一种源于成为你的真我的喜悦。我们越成为我们的真我,我们越会感觉到喜悦。喜悦的感觉是一种圆满达成,它不是因为外在的那些和我们有关的事物或者人。这种圆满是通过使那些渴望获得人或物的念头平静下来而达成的。当我们让这些念头平静下来,我们感觉到更多的真我,因此而更幸福。越让头脑安静下来,我们越是仅仅存在着,越留驻于真我中,我们越能感觉到喜悦。

But this is something you've got to see for yourself, that the quieter you get your mind, the happier you are. It's good to play with this. Experiment with it until you see it. Whatever that joy was, it always resulted in quieting of the mind, and then you felt happy. Seeing this, you will begin to let go of attaching happiness to people and things. You will begin to see that the joy is only in you abiding as your very own Self. Then, when you discover this, you're not going to look for joy where it isn't. You will immediately let go and just be. And finally, you reach the place where you need no one and no thing to be happy, you just are happy, all the time!
很重要的是你得亲自领悟到:你越能让你的头脑安静下来,你就越幸福。做这个是很好的。去做试验直到你领悟到它。无论喜悦是什么,它总是让头脑安静下来的结果,因此而感到幸福。领悟这一点,你将开始放下那些把幸福依附于人或物的想法。你将开始领悟到喜悦仅仅是驻留于真我中。当你发现这一点,你将不会再到没有喜悦的地方去寻找喜悦。你将会立即放下并且只是仅仅存在于当下。最后你到达一种不需要任何人和任何物都幸福的境界,你只是任何时候都在幸福中。

Is there any question on that? I guess intellectually it's seen by everyone? Whether you see it through your own mind's eye or not, you should have it intellectually at first, then experiment with it, test it out, and you'll discover that this is so, that every time you feel happy, your mind is quiet and at ease, and that what you attributed to the person or thing outside of you is something going on within you. It is a quieting of your mind so that you abide more as your Self. Then, when you see this, you won It bog down anymore, because the moment you become unhappy, you'll know just where to look to re-establish the happiness!
在这方面有任何问题吗?我猜在理智上每个人都明白这点。无论你是否通过你的心灵之眼明白了这一点,你都可以首先在理智上明白这一点,然后试验,彻底地检验它,然后你将发现就是这样,每次你感觉到幸福,你的头脑都是平静安逸的,而你以为存在于你之外的人或物中的其实在你之内。让你的头脑安静下来才能让你更多的驻留于真我中。那么,当你明白这一点,你不再被困扰,因为当你变得不幸福的时候,你将知道在哪儿能重建你的幸福。

Q: That would be within yourself, wouldn't it?
问:那是在自己之内,不是吗?

Lester: Yes, but it's first recognizing that the happiness is not the external person or the thing, but the quieting of the thoughts of desire for the person or thing, which allows you to go within and just be your Self, i.e., just be. When your mind is on things out there, you're not just being, you're being involved with externals. But I say the key is seeing just that point, that your happiness is the quieting of your mind through the satisfying of the desire, which stills the hunger thoughts for the thing and allows you to just be. When you actually see that in your own mind, you can do it directly. (You can let go of those thoughts without achieving the person or the thing and immediately you're happy!)
答:是的。不过首先得意识到幸福不是外在的人或物,而是平息对人或物的渴望的念头,这将允许你进入内在,仅仅存在于你的真我中,换言之,只是存在当下。当你的头脑关注于外在的事物,你不是存在于当下,你被外在的东西所牵绊。所以我说关键是领悟到这一点,你的幸福是让你那想要满足渴望的头脑平静下来,平息那渴望获得外在事物的念头,允许你只是存在于当下。当你真的在自己心里领悟到这一点,你就能直接做到了。(没有获得这些人或事物时,你能放下这些念头并且立刻就在幸福中!)

The prime overall thing is that you move toward happiness in the direction of where it really is, in you, not in the externals. In that way you establish a state of happiness that is continuous. Did I tell you anything new, Frank? I did? Was that new, Lil? See, I've told you this before many times, but it seems new to you!
首要的是你要朝着幸福真正所在的方向,就是在你之内,而不是在外面。通过这种式你建立一种持续的幸福的状态。弗兰克,我有告诉你一些新的东西吗?我告诉了?李,这是新的东西吗?看,在此之前很多次,我已经告诉过你们,但现在对你们来说象是新的一样。

Q: You told it to us but before it was not received.
问:你是告诉过我们,但之前并没有被接受。

Lester: All right, before it was just an intellectual thing or it did not connect and so it's as though it were new now. But, as far as that goes, I always feel as though I'm saying the same thing over and over again, from this side, from that side, from another side,-but it's always the same thing. However, until you see it in your own mind's eye, until you recognize it, until you realize it, it isn't meaningful to you.
答:嗯,以前这只是一件理智上的事情,或者是没有关联,然而现在看起来象是新的。但是,到此为止,我总是感觉好象我在不断说同样的事情,从这一面,从那一面,又从另外一面,但总是说的同一件事。然而,除非你用你自己的心灵之眼明白,除非你意识到它,除非你实现它,否则它对你没什么意义。

Q: It sounds as though you're saying we should not desire automobiles, we should not desire homes, we should not desire wives or sweethearts, we should not desire anything, but become nothing.
问:听起来好象你在说,我们不应该渴望汽车,我们不应该渴望家,我们不应该渴望妻子或者情人,我们不应该渴望任何东西,而是变成一无所有(nothing)。

Lester: Everything was right but the last part of your sentence. You become everything instead of nothing. Become everything and you need nothing. Desire is lack and the consciousness of separation, the source of all trouble. If you are everything, the All, you need nothing. See, everything was right down to that last part of your sentence, just reverse that and you've got it. O.K.?
答:除了最后一句其他都是对的。你成为所有的一切(everything)而不是一无所有。变成一切(everything),因此你一无所需。渴望是缺乏和分离的意识,是一切问题的源头。如果你是一切(everything)、所有全部,你一无所需。看,对于你刚才所说的最后一部分,“一切(everything)”才是正确的,只是反转一下就对了。好吗?

Q: If we become everything, then we become the wife, then we become the world, we become everything. Instead of separating ourselves, we become the other one.
问:如果我们变成一切,那么我们变成妻子,那么我们变成这个世界,我们变成每一样东西。而不是分离的我们,我们变成了另一个。

Lester: And that is the greatest of all feelings! That's the highest love, -when you become the other one. That identity is love in its highest form. In other words, you think that she didn't break the dish, we broke the dish; she didn't spend money on a dress, we spent the money. This is the highest love.
答:这是所有感觉里最好的!当你成为另一个人,这是最高层次的爱。这是对爱的最高形式的定义。换句话来说,你认为她没有摔坏碟子,我们摔坏了碟子;她没有花钱在衣服上,我们花了这个钱。这是最高层次的爱。

Q: I become the automobile, therefore I don't desire the automobile. Or, you become everything, you become
问:我变成汽车,然后我就不渴望汽车了。或者,你变成了一切,你变成……

Lester: Now, you're going to have to work this out for yourself. You are going to have to realize that when you become everything and feel that you need nothing, then the slightest thought for something will bring it to you immediately.
答:现在,你将不得不自己解决这个问题。你将不得不亲自去达到这种状态:当你变成一切并感觉你一无所需,那么一个对某物的微小的想法,这样东西马上就会来到你身边。

Q: The desire is, I haven't got.
问:渴望就是我还没有得到。

Lester: Yes! You create an artificial lack, you create a lie when you say, I haven't got. Desire, causing you to feel I have not, will cause you to have not! Let go of desire and you feel I have. This causes things to come to you.
答:是的!你创造了一个虚假的缺乏,你创造了一个谎言,如你所说“我没有得到”。渴望导致你感觉你没有,愿望导致你没有!释放渴望接着你就会感觉到你有。这导致事情发生在你身上。

Q: If I look at the world as though I'm writing a novel and say I am the characters, I'm all these creatures that I create in my story. And yet this is what I'm living today, aren't I? I create my difficulties; I'm writing this story. Instead of doing that, I should say I am the power, and why bother creating limitations? I don't need to. So, I stop it. But what do I have when I don't create?
问:如果我看待这世界就好象我正在写一本小说并且说我是一个角色,我是我在我的故事里创造的所有这些人。这就是我今天的生活方式,不是吗?我创造我的困难;我正在写这个故事。相反的,我应该说我是力量,然而为什么糊涂到创造了限制?我不需要的。因此,我停下了。但是当我不创造时,我拥有什么呢?

Lester: What do you have when you don't create? Everything that you really want, our pure Beingness.
答:当你不创造时,你拥有什么呢?你真正想要的任何东西,我们的纯粹的存在本质。

Q: I have peace.
问:我拥有平静。

Lester: Yes. You are the All, everything is in you. Feeling that way puts you completely at peace.
答:是的。你是所有,一切的事物都在你之内。以这种方式去感觉会让你完全的平静。

Q: Until the phone rings; then I'm right back in my habits.
问:直到电话铃声响起,然后我又回到我的习惯中。

Lester: Don't allow a little bell to push you around that way. Again, I say each one has to realize this for himself or herself, but when he or she does, then happiness can be made permanent, because then you look for happiness where it is and you stop looking for it where it isn't. There's no happiness in people or things. Happiness is our basic nature. Happiness is our very own beingness. And when we are only being, we are infinitely happy. Yes, when we are only being, and nothing else, we are infinitely happy!
答:不要允许一个小小的铃来摆布你。再一次,我说我们每一个都必须亲自去实现这一点,当他做到了,那么幸福能够被永久固定下来,因为你在幸福所在的地方寻找它,而不是在它不在的地方寻找它。在人和物中是没有幸福的。幸福是我们的基本的自然本性。幸福是我们的完全属于自己所有的存在本质。当我们仅仅只是存在当下,我们就是无限的幸福。是的,当我们只是存在于当下,没有别的,我们只是无限的幸福!

Q: In other words. when you have these various things, like you have an automobile, you utilize that automobile but you have no attachment to it, in order to attain the feeling of joy. Because if you become attached to that automobile, then that attachment has some sort of hold on you wherein you have a responsibility to it.
问:换句话说,当你拥有这些各种各样的东西,象你有一辆汽车,为了获得喜悦的感觉,你使用汽车但你不执著于它。因为如果你执著于那汽车,那么这执著会抓住你,让你感觉必须得为它负责。

Lester: Yes. The greater the attachment the greater the unhappiness. (Likewise, the greater the aversion, the greater the unhappiness.) It's unfree to be attached to anything. You cant have things and not be attached to them. Be attached to them and you are necessarily putting yourself through unhappiness.
答:是的。执著越深就越不幸福。(同样的,越是讨厌抗拒就越不幸福。)执著于任何东西都是不自由的。你能拥有它但不执著于它。执著于它们,你就得把自己丢到不幸中。

Q: Now, when you're in a state of beingness, that does not mean that you 're an ethereal being who floats from spot to spot. That means that you are in that state where you know the Truth and thereby dont have to go through all the habits that have been piled upon you by your ego.
问:现在,当你在存在于当下的状态中,这并不意味着你是一个从一个点飘浮到另一个点的神灵般的存在。这意味着你是在那种了悟了真理状态中,因此不必再经受小我所堆砌的各种习性。

Lester: Yes. It's knowing your infinite Beingness that is eternal and never changes. Then this world cannot touch you. You see it as a fiction, a dream. You witness it. You move through life with no attachments and no aversions. Then no one and no thing can disturb you, and you have the infinite peace and joy that is constant.
答:是的。那就是知道你的无限的存在本质是永恒的并且永远不变的。然后这个世界再也不能触动你。你看这个世界就象是虚构的,一个梦。你观照着它。你生活在没有任何执著的状态中。没有一个人、没有任何事物能够扰乱你,你拥有无限的宁静和始终如一的喜悦。

Q: When I try to explain this to people they think that I become a shadow or substance which vanishes from the sight of everybody, or something like that.
问:当我试图向人们解释这一点,他们认为我变成了影子或者每个人都看不见了的东西,诸如此类。

Lester: The only difference between a fully realized individual living in the world and one who is not is his point of view of everything. An unrealized person identifies with a single limited body-mind. A realized person identifies with everything, every being, every atom and sees them as his Self. He sees the beingness in everything as his beingness.
答:一个完全觉醒的人与一个没有觉醒的人活于世间,唯一的不同在于他看待一切事物的观点。一个没有觉醒的人定义自己是一个单独的受限的身心结合体(body-mind)。一个觉醒的人定义自己为一切所有、每一个存有、每一个原子,并且把它们当作他的真我、真我(Self)。他把所有一切事物的存在本质当作自己的存在本质。

Q: Therefore getting joy out of everything that happens.
问:因此不从任何已产生的事物中获得喜悦。

Lester:; No, your very nature is joy. You don't get it out of everything that happens, your basic nature is unlimited joy. That is your natural state! No need to get it!
答:不,你的根本的自然本质就是喜悦。你不用从已经产生的事物中获得喜悦。你的基本的自然本质是无限的喜悦。那是你的自然的状态!不需要去获得它!

Q: Therefore being in a state of joy perpetually.
问:那么存在于当下永恒的喜悦状态中。

Lester: Yes. As long as you don't lock it onto a person or thing, it's there all the time. But if you say you can't have joy unless you do or have something, you limit your joy. The natural state is unlimited joy. This is the real natural state. The natural state is being infinite, but we superimpose over that all these ideas of limitation, of needs, attachments and aversions that block out this infinite joy that is natural. If a being would do absolutely nothing, he would be this infinite Being. He would then be only a witness.
答:是的。只要你不把它锁定在某人或某物中,它一直都在那儿。但如果你说除非你做或者拥有什么否则你不能拥有喜悦,你是在限制你的喜悦。自然的状态就是无限的喜悦。这是真实的自然状态。自然的状态是当下无限的存在,但我们在我们自己身上叠加了很多限制的、需要的、贪恋的、厌恶的观念,这遮住了自然的无限的喜悦。如果一个绝对的什么都不做,他将成为这无限的存在。他将仅仅只是一个观照者。

Q: But you can still put in a hard day's work.
问:但你仍然能够进入一天的辛苦工作中。

Lester: Oh, yes. You go through life like everyone else.
答:哦,是的。你仍然象每一个人一样的生活着。

Q: But it's your attitude.
问:但你的心态是不一样的。

Lester: Right, you see things differently. You see yourself as a witness rather than a doer.
答:对,你看事物的眼光不一样。你看你自己更象一位观照者而不是一位“做者”。

Q: It's there but you're detached somewhat from it. It's an eerie feeling sometimes.
问:那是达到一种超然的心态。有时是很可怕的感觉。

Lester: It's a nice feeling, isn't it? It's eerie because you're not used to it. When you get used to it, it's dearie rather than eerie!
答:那是一种很美的感觉,不是吗?你不习惯于它所以才觉得可怕。当你习惯了,就是可爱的而不是可怕的感觉了!

Q: Lester: is this thing really easy, and we're making it hard?
问:莱斯特,这事真的很容易吗?只是我们把它变得困难?

Lester: Yes. You are right! All your difficulty is keeping yourself limited. You have compounded limitations on top of limitations and are holding onto them in your thoughts. Therein lies your difficulty. You must let go of all your thoughts. Every thought has limitation in it. Drop all your thoughts and what is left over is you in your infinite happiness, your Beingness. Then you will realize that it is as easy for you to discover that you are an infinite Being with infinite happiness as it is for you to discover that you are a male or a female!
答:是的。你是对的。所有你的困难都是保持着你的限制。你把各种各样的限制混合在一起并且保持着他们在你的念头里。这就是你的困难。你必须释放你所有的念头。每个念头在它里面都有限制。丢掉你所有的念头,那么剩下的就是你的无限的幸福,你的存在本质。然后你将了解到,发现你是一个拥有无限幸福的无限存在就象是发现你是男人还是女人一样容易!

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注 册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|小黑屋|喜悦家园 ( 京ICP备12029068号-1   对不起,请原谅,谢谢你,我爱你。点击这里给我发消息

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 16:07 , Processed in 0.082860 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.